A little update on the Rock Paper Scissors Art Collective Shop that L’Arche, Makerhood and The Open Works have organised.
In their own words…
- Rock Paper Scissors is a new box shop at L’Arche in West Norwood. (to the left of St Luke’s Church).Discover a curated collection of quality handmade products by a group of local makers.
- Rock Paper Scissors is a new collective box shop helping residents test trade to grow their retail ideas. The shop was set up as a partnership between Open Works, Makerhood and L’Arche in West Norwood.
- The shop is full of locally made and curated products from 25 makers, who are running the shop together as a group. L’Arche also have their own range of products, including pieces made in their own workshop.
- Come and visit – find out more about the project and how you can get involved, meet the makers, and get some early Christmas shopping done!
- Open Hours – 5-8pm on Wednesday and Thursday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday Feast Days.
- Follow them on Facebook and on Twitter at @RPS_SE27 for details of their upcoming launch and future events.
How Much is that Cat in the Window?
I sneaked in my cat plush toy – my other products are photographic (prints, framed, cards, cushion covers and jewellery) but I thought this little guy might bring in the customers 😉 (Instagram pic)
West Norwood’s Christmas Tree will go up the first week of December and there will be a children’s workshop to make decorations – I will update when I find out more – the proposed date at the moment is the 30th November.
We are still tweaking things and plan to create some posters and have an official launch day that will feature CAKE!!! YAY.
Caught in the act of faffing with the window display 🙂 (Instagram pic)
The Franglaise Mummy Website has featured an article on ‘Feeling Good About Christmas Shopping’ and have mentioned Rock Paper Scissors.
Click below to view the Photos I took on the first day of setting up the shop.